Product Designer at Siteimprove responsible for the User Research, Interaction Design, Visual Design, Prototyping & User Testing.
Siteimprove is a SaaS solution that provides actionable insights to improve your website through SEO, Analytics, Accessibility, Data Privacy, and Content Quality.
Our hypothesis was that it is difficult for customers to get onboarded to Policy because they don't understand its full capabilities. To get onboarded to the product, customers need the help of Sales or Customers Success Managers. From January to July of 2019, my PO investigated churning customers. There were 544 customers churning. Of these customers only 10% had 10 or more policies setup and 67% had 0 policies.
Although, this page is used the most by users we identified some issues with My Policies page. For users, it is not easy to monitor the current status and progress because there is no indication of what changed overtime. The list of active policies are growing big and overwhelming. A lot of the policies get outdated overtime, or some policies may get put on hold and later brought back into focus but there is no way to archive a policy. Also, the page has some known Accessibility issues and is not aligned with the new design system.
The UX writers helped ensure all copy aligned with user intent and was intuitive to use. I recruited users with the help of my PO and Customer Success. I wrote a script, created a prototype in InVision and conducted remote usability testing sessions with users. The usability session revealed that users liked how visual the page is now and being able to track the progress over a given time. Users liked the functionality of being able to deactivate a policy and view details of a specific policy within the page. Users struggled with using the new filtering system and thought the page had more scrolling.
In order to validate the new My Policies page, I set up a quantitative survey on the page using Pendo to gather feedback from customers. I used a number scale survey for users to define their satisfaction and an open text field for users to give additional feedback. I also set up tracking on the new page to track user behavior.